UMW Mission Project
Our UMW group is making Health Kits for their UMCOR mission project this fall. The following items are needed in each Health Kit. Please bring any of these items to the church office.
1 Hand Wash Cloth
1 Hand Towel
1 Bar of Soap
1 Nail file or nail clippers
6 Band aids
1 Tooth Brush
AND $1 to buy toothpaste (we can no longer include the toothpaste in the bags)
Call Sharon 734-3765 for more information.
Visalia United Methodist Women
Purpose: The organized unit of United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
VUMC Women convene for a general meeting four times during each calendar year. The Board meets on the first Thursday of each month, with a break for summer. The Discovery, Serpralo and Trinity Circles (smaller groups of women) meet either monthly or semimonthly in an effort to work toward achieving their stated goals.
Toward fulfilling our purpose
This organized unit of United Methodist Women shall be to help women to:
1. Enable broad participation of women of varying interests, ages, ethnic grouping and lifestyles;
2. Study and interpret in words and action the revolutionary message of the gospel;
3. Discover, confront, and respond to the issues of the days;
4. Work actively and openly for the elimination of injustice and the abuses to women and children worldwide;
5. Prepare themselves for full participation in the total life of the church and community;
6. Assume responsibility for stewardship of time, personnel and funds.
Interested—Call the Church Office, (559) 627-1660, and ask for the name and phone number of the VUMC Women’s President. The members welcome the participation of all women, and they are interested in you and fulfilling your spiritual needs.
Officers—President, Sharon Adams; Vice President, Mary Rogers; Secretary, Norma Price; Treasurer, Marianne Faucher; Program Resources, Marla Decker; Spiritual Growth, Glenda Douthit; Publicity/Membership, Jenny Glass; Social Action